FIX Trading Community
(a brand of FIX Protocol Ltd)
Membership Terms & Conditions
Rules and policies
- The Company agrees:
- to be bound by the Articles of Association;
- to comply with all relevant FIX Trading Community policies from time to time, current versions of which can be found at the Member Resources section of the FIX website, under ‘Policies & Procedures’; and
- in particular (but without limitation), where it is in discussions or communications with any organisation (including but not limited to the media, regulators and other industry bodies) while acting as a representative of FIX Trading Community, it will abide by the FIX Trading Community Communication policy.
- The Company’s membership will continue for an initial period of one year and, unless terminated in accordance with these terms or the Articles of Association, will automatically renew every 12 months for a further year.
- If the Company does not wish to renew its membership it will give notice to FIX Trading Community by email to email@example.com.
- If such notice is not given within 90 days after the renewal date, the Company will be required to pay the full membership fee for the relevant year. If such notice is given within 90 days of the renewal date, the Company’s membership will terminate and the Company will be required to pay the difference between any member and non-member rates for any event attendance or sponsorship taken between the renewal date and the date notice is given.
- FIX Trading Community has the right to suspend membership benefits if payment of membership fees has not been received within 90 days of the renewal invoice being issued.
- There will be no refund of fees on termination of membership.
- Membership fees are subject to incremental annual increases, based on US inflation indexing.
Termination by FIX Trading Community
- FIX Trading Community may terminate the Company’s membership immediately by notifying the Company in writing if:
- the Company acts in a way that adversely affects the reputation of FIX Trading Community or FIX Protocol Ltd or otherwise brings FIX Trading Community or FIX Protocol Ltd into disrepute; or
- the Company fails to comply with clause 1 above.
- By becoming a member of FIX Trading Community, the Company and its employees, agents, contractors and sub-contractors may generate intellectual property rights in work and materials created or modified (in whole or in part) in the course of the Company’s participation in FIX Trading Community committee meetings, working groups, conferences and other FIX Trading Community sponsored functions (“FIX Trading IP”). In consideration of the services to be provided by FIX Trading Community:
- the Company will ensure that any individuals who may have statutory moral rights in such work or materials waive such rights irrevocably; and
- the Company hereby assigns to FIX Protocol Ltd with full title guarantee all future FIX Trading IP. For the avoidance of doubt, this assignment does not include assignment of any intellectual property rights belonging to the Company, its employees, agents, contractors or sub-contractors that exists as at the date of the Company’s submission of this Membership Application Form.
- The Company agrees promptly to execute all documents and do all acts as may, in the reasonable opinion of FIX Protocol Ltd (and at FIX Protocol Ltd’s cost), be necessary to give effect to clause 9, including after cessation of membership for any reason.